.

.

vendredi 3 août 2018

Altered lantern


Altered lantern




Hi Little Birdies fans, I am really happy to share my creation with you today. I wanted to create a rusty lantern, as if it had been abandoned in the wild for a long long time.
To succeed in creating a lot of texture and a beautiful rusty effect, I have used Fiber Paste, Grainy Texture Paste and 2 colors of Color Splash:  Paprika and Lime Splash.
At first, I applied Fiber Paste on the roof of the lantern with a spatula. The paste was perfect to create a lot of old and used texture for the roof. Than I have used a paint brush to color the roof green with the Lime Splash Color splash.
For the corners of the walls, I have used Grainy Texture Paste mixed with Texture Sand and Lime Splash Color Splash with a paint brush and a splatula.
Once everything was dry, I used a tiny paint brush and Paprika Colour Splash to create rusty spot on the roof and on the corners walls of the lantern. It is very easy to create a beautiful rusty effect with this technique.
The next step was to create a focal point with flowers on the top of the roof and at the bottom of the lantern. To make the flowers and leaf look more aged, I have used Paprika and Mocha Color Splash.
I also wanted my focal point, my flowers, to seem to have been growing on the lantern over the years. To give that impression, I have used sisal under my flowers.
Once everything was glued, I have used a dry pain brush with Silver Oak Tinted Metallic paint over the flowers to bring out the details and the texture in the flowers.
To add even more interest in my focal point, I have apply Crystal Drops with Acrylic Soft Gel Medium.
And the final touch was to add drop of With Gesso mixed with water.
Here some closed up of the lantern
Here the list of the Little Birdies supplies use for this projet:
With Love, Annie

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire