.

.

jeudi 6 septembre 2018

Altered Box with Crackle Effect

Hi Little Birdie fans, I am very happy to share this project with you today. This time I have chosen to create an altered box with crackle medium.
With this technique, it is very easy to altered an ordinary piece and turn it on something very beautiful.
Crackle Medium can be used in so many ways, we can start with a dark color for the first coat and add a lighter color on the top or do the opposite and add the lighter color on the background and darker color on top. With the same technique, the result will be completely different.
For my project, I chose to add the darker color on the second coat.
Here the steps to create this beautiful crackle effect.
1-I have chosen to use a very bright and colorful color for my first coat. Tuscan Teal Matt chalk paint was perfect for the bright effect I wanted to create. I have applied the paint with a paint brush and dry it with my heat gun.
2-For the second step, I have applied a generous coat of Two Steps Crackle Medium (step 1) with a paint brush. For better result, I let this step dry without eat gun.
3-Once it is dry, I have applied a coat of black Gesso with a paint brush and dry it with heat gun.
4-For the forth step, I have applied a generous coat of Two Steps Crackle Medium (step 2) with a paint brush. For better result, I let this step dry without eat gun over night.
To make my box look more aged, I added Caribbean Teal paint with a dry paint brush on the corners of the box.
Than I chose some of my favorite Little Birdies flowers and paint them with black Gesso and dry it with the heat gun. Than I have used a dry paint brush to ad a touch of Caribbean Teal color on the edge of the petals.
I have use the same paint to color my chipboard leaf’s and the half of my title chipboard. For the other half, I have used Silver oak. I love to use to colors on my chipboard, this is a very easy way to add details.







I ad some Cheese cloth under my flowers and some Gel Medium beads to decorate my box.
Finally, I added the title in the cover of the box and my project was completed.
I hope make you want to try the 2 steps crackles effect on your project, personally I love the effect and I will use this technique again an again trying different color combination.
Here the List of the Little Birdie supply used for this project:
See you soon, Annie XX

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire