Altered Frame


Hi Little Birdie fans, Annie here with an altered frame. For this project, I have used a lot of red flowers, they where the perfect fit for my vintage photos.
For the first step, to add texture, I use cheese cloth, I glue it down with gel medium.
Then, to add more texture, with a spatula I add a layer of 2 in 1 gesso & modelling paste.
Then I add some ornaments to create more details. Once everything was dry, I spray mocha splash on the middle of my panel. Around the edge, I have use Matt chalk acrylic paint – Butter scotch. With a dry brush a add a little bit of paint on my ornaments and on the brick to make the texture more apparent.
Around my focal point I built a composition from various flowers and leafs. To create a beautiful composition, don’t be afraid to add layer of flowers. Some of the flowers are glued on top of the others.
I have added paint with a dry brush on top of the flowers to make them more messy. Then I added a splash of white gesso mixed with water. For me this is always the final touch to a project.
See you soon,
Annie XX